Items to Bring
What documents will I need to bring with me to the College Goal Sunday program?
In order to complete the FAFSA at the College Goal Sunday Program, you and your parents will need your 2015 federal tax records. You will need to refer to the following:
- 2015 tax forms
- Social Security number (if applicable)
- Driver's license (if applicable)
- 2015 W-2 Forms
- 2015 untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
- Your 2015 bank account estimates
- 2015 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- If possible, please register for a FSA ID. This will allow you to electronically sign your FAFSA for faster processing.
Who should attend the College Goal Sunday program?
Anyone interested in attending higher education, who might need financial assistance in paying for college. Bring your parent(s) or legal guardian with you to the program.
Will I need to complete my 2015 tax return before completing the FAFSA?
The FAFSA will be available earlier to allow students to use 2015 tax information to complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA application. We highly recommend that 2015 tax information be complete in preparation for this year's FAFSA application.
Can my parents and I fill out the FAFSA over the internet?
Yes, you can fill out the FAFSA online. It is recommended that you and your parents get PIN codes first so you can sign the FAFSA electronically and not have to print out, sign and send in a paper signature page. Here are the web addresses:
What is the FAFSA?
Students use this application to apply for federal student grants, work-study money, and loans to assist them in funding their college education. They may also use this application to apply for most state and some private financial aid.
When should I complete the FAFSA form?
You should apply as soon as possible after October 1, your parents will use their 2015 U.S. income tax return.