Site Coordinator Resources
Interested in becoming a site coordinator for your institution? Fill out the Site Coordinator Form below:
In an effort to keep messaging consistent you are encouraged to use the following press releases to promote College Goal Colorado. We have provided both an English and Spanish press release for your use. Do not forget to edit your location and city before sending the press release out.
Site Coordinator Timeline
July - August
- Select site for the upcoming year, review feedback and surveys to determine needs.
- Confirm sites for upcoming year.
- Begin discussions with administrators about the CGS scholarship program.
- Gather information for printing; confirm exact site locations for print.
- Confirm details for printed state-level materials.
- Flyers are available from State Site Coordinator for distribution
- Identify target high schools in your community. Consider a visit taking some flyers.
- Review Student Survey from previous year to make improvements and identify goals.
- Begin "soft" recruitment of volunteers
- Online Volunteer Form Opens
- Communicate with your volunteers 1-2 times this month to ensure they know what to expect.
- Confirm participation in scholarship program by mid-month.
- Review materials needed for day-of, especially signage and paper materials.
- Review Cancellation and Follow-up policy. What will you do for cancellation and follow-up?
- Continue promoting CGS with high school and colleges/universities in your area.
- Work with college/university marketing departments to promote CGS at your institution/statewide.
- Distribute press releases as appropriate in your community.
- Confirm availability of required equipment and supplies.
- Determine training plan for volunteers - will depend on number of volunteers and experience.
- Email your volunteers - welcome, expectations, and training.
- Perform a walk-through at your site to ensure you have resources (signs, staff, etc.) necessary for good flow.
- Plan for over flow, early arrivals, and weather emergencies.
- Collect equipment and supplies. See Equipment and Supplies List.
- Keep an eye out for sign-in sheet and any other state-level materials.
- Send email to volunteers telling how the day will be organized.
- Hang banners if you have them, put up flyers at the site a few days ahead of time.
- Last minute supplies for the site? Pens, pencils, scratch paper, markers, tape, poster board.
- Thank you email to volunteers.
Step-by-Step Fin Aid Handout
The student handout was made by the Community College of Aurora (CCA). CCA has been generous enough to provide it as a free resource to site coordinators for use.
Please use the expense reimbursement form if you have CGS associated costs.